How to Find Your Life’s Purpose
They say the purpose in life is to find your purpose and to live it fully. Your purpose would wake you up early in the morning and keep you up late at night. When you are on purpose you live a fulfilled life and are connected to the universe and a higher source. You were put on this earth for a reason, however discovering what it was for some may be challenging whilst for others may be impossible. Again for some, they will know it, live it, breathe it from the time they can walk and form a sentence!
I’m sure you have heard the saying – if you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life. Wouldn’t that be amazing? It may seem like an unrealistic dream but take a look around you, how many people do you know that are doing what they love? To name just a few, think of Sir Richard Branson, Mother Teresa and John Lennon. It’s hard to ignore what you love when you are defining your purpose, so please take this time to examine what you love, who, what & why?
Here are some questions to narrow down the search for you…
15 QUESTIONS TO FIND OUT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE
- What makes you smile? (Think in terms or Activities you enjoy, type of people you like, events you go to, hobbies you may have, projects you are in the middle of, etc.)
- What were your favourite things to do in the past when you were an innocent child? What about now? Have they changed?
- What activities make you lose track of time? Are these outdoor? Indoor? Alone or with friends?
- What makes you feel great about yourself?
- Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person?
- What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)
- What do people typically ask you for help in?
- If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
- What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
- You are now 90 years old, sitting on a rocking chair outside your porch; you can feel the spring breeze gently brushing against your face. You are blissful and happy, and are pleased with the wonderful life you’ve been blessed with. Looking back at your life and all that you’ve achieved and acquired, all the relationships you’ve developed; what matters to you most? List them out.
11. What are your deepest values?
Select 3-6 and prioritize the words in order of importance to you.
12.What were some challenges, difficulties and hardships you’ve overcome or are in the process of overcoming? How did you do it?
13. What causes do you strongly believe in? Connect with?
14. If you could get a message across to a large group of people. Who would those people be? What would your message be?
15. Given your talents, passions and values. How could you use these resources to serve, to help, to contribute? ( to people beings, causes, organization, environment, planet, etc.)
FINALLY ANSWER ONE FINAL QUESTION:- HOW WOULD YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE, IF MONEY WAS NO OPTION?
Now that you have answered these questions, it is important to ‘write’ your mission statement.
Your Personal Mission Statement
“Writing or reviewing a mission statement changes you because it forces you to think through your priorities deeply, carefully, and to align your behaviour with your beliefs”
A personal mission consists of 3 parts:
- What do I want to do?
- Who do I want to help?
- What is the result? What value will I create?
Steps to Creating Your Personal Mission Statement:
- Do the exercise with the 15 questions above as quickly as you can.
- List out actions words you connect with.
- Example: educate, accomplish, empower, encourage, improve, help, give, guide, inspire, integrate, master, motivate, nurture, organize, produce, promote, travel, spread, share, satisfy, understand, teach, write, etc.
3. Based on your answers to the 15 questions. List everything and everyone that you believe you can help.a. Example: People, creatures, organizations, causes, groups, environment, etc.
4. Identify your end goal. How will the ‘who’ from your above answer benefit from what you ‘do’?
5. Combine steps 2-4 into a sentence, or 2-3 sentences.
What is your purpose?
What is your mission?
We’d love to hear your purpose. For more information contact me
Here’s to your success,
Multi Millionaire turned Money Mindset Coach & Mentor